Effective Safety and Training is a Licenced Training Provider with Safetywave, a First Aid, Safety and Fire Registered Training Organisation (RTO# 31283). This course is delivered on behalf of Safetywave
Previously known as Apply first aid and Senior first aid. Provide first aid is the workplace level 2 Australian standards for workplace first aid. This course provides participants with the knowledge and confidence to administer first aid care and treatment in the workplace or in personal situations. Provide first aid covers adults, children & babies in a wide range of emergency situations.
- 8 hour full day course – Group Bookings Only
- up to 5.5 hour course with up to 4 eLearning hours
- Two (2) minutes of uninterrupted CPR
- Procedures for dealing with major and minor injury and illness
- Priorities of management in first aid when dealing with life threatening conditions
- Basic occupational health and safety requirements in the provision of first aid
- Infection control principles and procedures
- Chain of survival
- Understanding and use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
FIRST AID MANAGEMENT OF
- DRSABCD action plan
- Managing the unconscious breathing casualtyC
- ardiopulmonaryresuscitation (CPR) including automated External Defibrillator AED
- Wounds and bleeding
- Medical emergencies including: chest pain, asthma,anaphylaxis,diabetes,strokes,seizures,hyperventilation and fainting
- Heat and cold induced illness
- Safety and risk management
- Strains,sprains,dislocation and fractures
- Head,neck and spinal injuries
- Chest and abdominal injuries
- Facial and eye injuries
- Bites and stings
- Legal issues
- Infection control
Participants must be 14 years or older. There are no qualification pre-requisites for this course.
A hands-on approach to training with progressive assessments throughout the course. Assessments undertaken may include: written/oral assessments, practical demonstrations, completion of case studies and scenarios.
On successful completion the participant will receive a certificate of statement of attainment:
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- Safetywave (RTO # 31283) is the RTO and will administer the training and assessment
- All fees and charges are paid to Safetywave
- Statements of attainment and certificates will be issued by Safetywave
- The training is delivered by a 3rd party Licenced Training Provider on behalf of Safetywave.
Provide first aid is to be renewed every 3 years. Provide CPR is renewed every 12 months as per Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
Our Provide First Aid Training courses are available on our Public Courses, they are offered by Effective Safety and Training in Toowoomba and Ipswich.